- Wash new cookware with hot, soapy water and a stiff brush. Rinse and dry completely.
- Apply a thin coat of vegetable oil or melted vegetable shortening to the entire surface (including lid if applicable), both inside and out.
- Line the lower oven rack with aluminum foil, and preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Place the cookware upside down on the upper oven rack. The aluminum foil will catch any drippings.
- Bake the cookware for one hour, then turn off the oven and let the cookware cool before removing.
- Store uncovered in a dry place.
- After use, clean using a stiff brush and hot water only. Towel dry immediately and apply a light coating of vegetable oil to cookware while still warm.
Now I've got to learn how to cook with it!!! I've got a few recipes and I'm going to try dump cake so we'll see how it all turns out. I'll keep you posted on the camping trip when we get back!
Happy camping and happy cooking!