Monday, March 21, 2011

My Daughter's Quilting/Embroidery Project

I hadn't posted for a few weeks due to my oldest daughter's fine arts project--I stayed up with her so she had company at all hours of the night.  She is part of AWANA and as a high schooler, she goes to the national competition with her team.  They do Bible quiz, games, and fine arts projects and can win scholarships.  She actually won last year.  She had quite the lofty project this year and almost to the detriment of her health and grades, she finished it.  I must say, it turned out beautifully and has led to some exciting developments.  First, let me share some pictures with you!

View from the center


This project features Galatians 5:22 about the fruit of the Spirit.  The top tier has the reference, the middle tier has the beginning of the verse, and the lower portion has nine miniature quilts with each of the fruit of the Spirit.



One of my favorites is the quilt on love.  All these quilts are embroidered with mostly silk ribbon, and my daughter has perfected the french knot.  Look at the tall flowers...I tell her that I have no other way to describe them except as "delicious", hahaha!!!



Thank you for letting me indulge you about my daughter.  I really am a proud mama because this project was a huge undertaking and took so much work.  She is sixteen and after all this was said and done, we think we know where she would like to go to school.  I am going to do a separate post on that because this would be an exceptionally long post otherwise.  However, it has everything to do with these pictures and will be about a school most people have never heard of.  It's got a magnificent history and as a homeschooling mom who has taught her girls some things about embroidery and quilting, it makes perfect sense for the skills and direction that my oldest daughter would like to go.  It is all coming together so amazingly that the Lord's hand has been on her and it's becoming so clear what she needs to do!

I can't wait to tell you so come back again!!!  Have a great day and blessings to you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment